– On a plane from LA to London, Gregory Peck’s plane was struck by lightning over the Atlantic.
– Weeks later, executive producer Mace Neufeld also left LA. Lightning struck this plane too, to which Neufeld says: “It was the roughest five minutes I’ve ever had on an airliner.”
– While producer Harvey Bernhard was in Rome, lightning just missed him.
– Rottweilers hired for the film attacked their trainers.
– A hotel at which director Richard Donner was staying got bombed by the IRA; he was also struck by a car.
– Peck cancelled another flight, to Israel, the plane he would have chartered crashed…killing all on board.
– On day one of the shoot, several principal members of the crew survived a head-on car crash.
– In Holland, on Friday, August 13th 1976, designer John Richardson was travelling with a female companion, Liz Moore. The car crashed, and when Richardson came to, he saw something rather chilling. Liz was dead, with injuries bearing an uncanny resemblance to the ones he had prepared for David Warner. As he looked out of the window though, the sight chilled him even more when he noticed a sign which had the distance to a dutch town, reading: Ommen, 66.6 km.
– The day after filming was completed at the Longleat Safari Park, a zookeeper was killed in the lion area, thereby fueling the sense of a curse on the film.
Most people don’t know, but the subject of Wonder Woman has been stepped over a few times by Warner Bros, becauase they’re not sure whether to bring back the superhero, like other superheroes have recently.
The President Of Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Greg Silverman, has said this though:
“Wonder Woman is an amazing character. I think it’s a great opportunity both for box office success, but also to have an amazingly powerful female superhero.”
When asked whether or not Wonder Woman would be making an appearance in the upcoming Batman Vs. Superman movie, he said:
“We are taking it all very seriously and are trying to do a plan that’s respectful to those characters and maximizes the stories as best they can,” says Silverman. “Everything that has been speculated are things that we’ve thought about.”
So we’ll all have to wait to see whether the superheroine shows her face or not. Batman Vs. Superman releases in the US on 17 July 2015. UK date to be confirmed.
Ridley Scott has teamed up with Comac McCarthy for “The Councelor”, which is a crime thriller about a respected lawyer who finds himself in over his head when he gets involved in drug trafficking.
The clip that has been released is a viral extra for the movie. Whether this be an actual scene from the movie, which we hope it will be, or whether it is just a teaser to what the characters are like, but either way, it is a great scene. It has a rather 50 Shades Of Grey feel to it too, reminding us of the Clayton’s hardware store scene in the book where Christian Grey asks Anastasia Steele for cable ties, duct tape, rope, etc.
Watch the clip now!
The movie releases on October 25th.
The film tells the story of a lawyer (Fassbender), who finds himself in over his head when he gets involved in drug trafficking.
Charlie Hunnam had been announced to play billionaire Christian Grey in the film adaptation of the hit erotic novel 50 Shades Of Grey.
Universal Pictures has said that the reason he is leaving the movie is due to a scheduling problem with his TV commitments. The film company has agreed with the decision.
The author of the novel has tweeted her best wishes to the actor. The tweet read:
“I wish Charlie all the best. x”
The movie is still going ahead with it’s 2014 release, but there are going to be more rumours and more hopes being set on the new favourite to play the role.
Since getting the part, it has been said that Hunnam was overwhelmed by the attention and had got cold feet. That obviously contradicts with what Universal Pictures stated, which was, “Hunnam’s immersive TV schedule which is not allowing him time to adequately prepare for the role of Christian Grey.”
As we all know, fans of the books were after having their favourites playing the role, and may now have that come true. The actors that have been tipped to take on the role, replacing Hunnam, are Matt Bomer, Cilian Murphy, Ian Somerhalder and Alexander Skarsgard.
Time will tell who will end up playing Christian Grey.