1. In the first scene, when Nicholson is driving to the Overlook, the shadow of a helicopter can be seen at the bottom right. This is only visible in the un-matted VHS print and fullscreen DVD.
3. Wendy has a baseball bat in her hand and Jack is trying to get the baseball bat. When Wendy hits him over the head, the baseball bat bends.
5. In the initial overhead shot of the house the hedge maze is not there though later on it is shown quite close to the house.
6. While breaking down the bathroom door with the axe, Jack repeatedly strikes and damages the right hand panel, but as he turns away from the door (when he hears the snow-cat) both left and right panels have been damaged.
8. When Jack breaks the door to the bathroom and reaches in to unlock, Wendy cuts him. Later there is no blood on the knife.
9. In the beginning when Wendy is talking to the doctor, Wendy lights a cigarette, seconds later the paper has burned almost to the filter.
10. When Wendy is looking through all the typed sheets where Jack has typed ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy’, you can see that they are getting disorganised, and when Jack sneaks up on her, she gets a fright and puts them down in an untidy pile. However, in the next shot, they are in a relatively neat pile again in the tray.